6.28.2015

South Carolina

As if helping us move and get settled wasn't enough, our moms flew home with Jane so Tyler and I could go on a trip with just the two of us. It was so hard to say goodbye to Jane. I was a bipolar mess all day. It was sobbing when we sent them off in the morning, and then I was just loving not having her around and then I would miss her again and back and forth.

To add to my emotional state, our moms ended up missing their flight!  They got off to a late start, had trouble finding a gas station and then had to deal with Jane when she puked everywhere in the car. They were able to get on another flight okay, but it was a huge delay and a big pain for them, and then the airline lost their luggage.

They said Jane did great on the plane. She slept most of the time. I felt much better once I knew they were all home and settled and that Jane was doing just fine without us.

Tyler and I got up early Sunday morning and started our road trip down to Myrtle Beach. It was probably one of the most enjoyable car rides of my life. I usually hate being in the car for long stretches but it was so amazing to not have to worry about keeping Jane entertained and to be able to just relax, eat snacks and listen to our book on tape. 

We had the most relaxing time on this trip. We are usually the type of people who like to have different things planned throughout the day, but our first day there we just sat on our butts on the beach for 6-7 hours and did nothing. I didn't even read a book; just sat there listening to the ocean and enjoying uninterrupted time with my wonderful husband.





We spent most of our time at the beach but drove down to Charleston one day for a day trip. It is hands down the most charming city I have ever been to.  We loved it! We took a carriage ride around the historic district and enjoyed a tour of the city and the gorgeous homes.




 


 We had some amazing food on our trip. There was a seafood place in Myrtle Beach that was to die for. The best meal I've had in a long time. And it was so amazing to be able to just spend time by ourselves with not a care in the world; no studying, no work, no deadlines, no bed time or nap time, no rushing out of the restaurant to prevent meltdowns, just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. It was dreamy. Can't wait until we get to do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment