6.28.2015

Moving

Our wonderful families stayed after graduation to help us move up to Hershey, PA. The Monday after graduation we spent the day loading the truck, cleaning, driving to PA, and unloading the truck at our new place. We love our new apartment. It feels palatial compared to our DC place. We've got a 3 bed, 2 bath place with an open concept kitchen/living/dining and a patio with outdoor green space. It is absolutely gorgeous up here. Where there isn't beautiful farmland there's thick forests and lush greenery. 

The view from the outdoor seating at our nearby ice cream shop.

The whole week was a whirlwind. Our dads and my brother Jake left on Tuesday after a little tour through Hershey. Our moms stayed for the rest of the week to help us get settled. Our moms are amazing and so talented. We spent our days putting things away and running to Home Depot, Costco, Target and back again. 

Tyler and I got a free piano and dresser in DC that we planned to sand down and paint. We could not have done that without our moms. I picked out the paint colors and they did pretty much everything else. I cannot thank them enough for all of their help and love and support.

Before

Before

During

During

After 

I have to give Tyler some serious credit for his vision with the piano. He and a friend went to pick up the piano and when he brought that nasty thing home I was not so thrilled about it. It was so filthy and it didn't play well because the keys were misaligned and it was horrible. But after some serious TLC and after our piano tuning friend fixed several mechanical issues, we have a lovely piano in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment