At the end of December we drove back to DC. Yes, drove; 2,000 miles over grey, frozen tundra. It was quite terrible and I hope to never do it again. Our first night we stayed in Nebraska and it was so cold that when we got back in the car, Tyler's pillow was frozen. We made the drive in three long days. Tyler drove 90% of the way and I sat in the back with Jane. She did really well in the car, probably because I just got her out of her car seat whenever she started getting cranky and let her roam around the back seat. I had lingering sickness from the first trimester of pregnancy, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. There were a couple times when I felt pretty nauseous and then Tyler and I would just switch because I didn't feel sick when I was driving. All three of us were SO ready to be done driving and so happy to be back home in DC.
It was an incredibly cold winter in DC so I had to get creative to keep Jane entertained during the day since going outside wasn't an option. We spent lots of time in the tub, making messes, going to museums and hanging out in the lobby and community room of our building.
There were a couple weeks where Jane pooped in the tub almost every day. I finally learned to not put her in until after she had pooped for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment