3.20.2012

Springtime & Cherry Blossoms

Everywhere I turn it's pink. I drive Tyler to Georgetown and the streets are lined with magnificent Magnolia trees that don't just blossom, they flower...

 


  I walk out of my apartment and I see these lavender beauties:

This is the view from my bedroom window:

  And the cherry blossoms...oh the cherry blossoms.

 Tyler and I went to the Tidal Basin on Sunday and Monday and were blown away by the amazing cherry trees. I had never heard of DC's cherry blossoms until we moved out here, but now I think it needs to be on everybody's bucket list to see DC when it's blooming, it's just breathtaking.




  


 




This is how this picture came to pass...

Lauren:  Would you mind taking a photo for us?
Old Man:  Sure. Anything in particular you want in the picture?
Lauren:  Yeah, if you could get the Washington Memorial in that'd be great.
Old Man:  No problem.

As you can see, there's no Washington Memorial in this pic, it's entirely concealed behind Tyler's head. Go figure.

Fortunately we were able to get one the next day.
 

  
I am IN LOVE with springtime! It's 70 degrees every day and it smells like a flower shop outside. I feel like I'm on vacation and I never want it to end.

2 comments:

  1. I share your love of cherry blossoms and magnolia tree's...so beautiful. Presley calls them "popcorn" tree's and I think she just barely realized it's not actually popcorn popping on the tree's. I love your red pants Lauren, as much as I can't wait for the skinny jean phase to go out, at least you look hot in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Dawson was just looking at these with me and he claims he got the shirt Tyler is wearing back in the 8th grade. Oldie but goodie I guess!

    ReplyDelete