11.21.2011

23 Days

I can't even tell you how excited I am for Christmas. I'm pretty confidant that I am more excited now than I was when I was a kid. We love living in DC and are having such great experiences, we know it's what the Lord wants for us, but I'm not going to try to pretend that it isn't hard being away from family. Going from having over 100 family members less than 10 miles away to zero is quite a shock to the system. We miss our families like crazy and are so excited to see them. Tyler and I both have AWESOME families that we love spending time with, I'm giddy just thinking about seeing everyone. 

We bought our plane tickets home about 4 months ago (yeah, right after we moved) and I've been counting down ever since. But now I have an official count down thanks to mine and Randi's craft night...or day I should say.


 Living in DC = being deprived of stores such as Michael's, Joann's, Home Depot, etc. You have to drive about 30 minutes but luckily they're all right next to each other. I've never been super crafty before but after moving out here I discovered that I am in love with crafting. We were in heaven just walking through the aisles and looking at all of the darling decor and ideas. 
About 8 hours of crafting later...
...my Christmas tree countdown! It's still a work in progress. I need to file the edges and want to mount the sheet metal on wood that is the same shape, painted green of course, but that will have to wait until we come home and can borrow Blair's jigsaw. 

I'm altering the countdown this year to December 14th (the day I fly to SLC) because that's when Christmas really begins for me. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are loving crafting! Look at you go! I love the tree but especially love that you will be home so soon for the Christmas! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete