Tyler's family has been going to Priest Lake for a long time. This is only my second year going but I love it and hope the tradition keeps going. His parents rent a lovely house right on the lake with a private dock and we do a whole lot of boating, eating, laughing, and relaxing.
We sure love wake surfing.
Even Presley and Maybelle got out there. Maybelle wasn't so sure about it but Presley was the surfing queen!
I think Daw and Missy win the the best wake surfing award.
And, of course, wakeboarding.
I was super impressed with Ty's backflips.
We took some lovely family photos, but we sure missed Andrew, Jen, and their kids.
This one is the loveliest, clearly. I don't know how it started but the Kent boys have a thing for speedos, especially my husband. So Diana bought them all matching speedos for family pics. Pretty classy.
I have the most beautiful sisters-in-law ever!
Missy and Dawson bought these outfits for the girls when they were in Hawaii. They're quite talented hula dancers.
We did a little tubing and us girls got wasted.
Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds came to reality on our trip. Some genius put four bird houses on the posts surrounding the dock, which housed about 17 birds. Not only was the dock covered in poop, some of those birds had babies and were quite defensive. Every time we went out on the dock or got in the boat the birds would flock and dive bomb our heads. We eventually gathered weapons to defend ourselves.
At the end of the week we weathered quite the storm, 45-50 mile an hour winds, torrential rains, and lightening. It was quite a sight. I love storms, but only from the safety of a house.
We also played Wii ...
... did a lot of napping...
... some yoga ...
... we ate lots of good food, played fun games, watched Aladdin 17 times, got some good sun, had some great laughs, and made a lot of memories. I'm so grateful that I married into such a fun family. We love you all and had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment